..peace, love, and joy!
Made a bunch of these shimmery, embossed snowflakes already — can’t wait to make some more. It was really super easy, to thanks to THIS paper from Hero Arts! It’s a light pool paper and already has the handwriting design on it. But, you could always take an extra step and stamp light pool paper with a handwriting stamp in tide pool mid-tone ink instead, or you can even try a darker ink like ocean. I listed some options for handwriting stamps in the supplies, and the pool paper too. So, here’s all you do:
- First, cut the paper in half (at the 4.25″ mark) and score in half to create a base card (at the 5.5″ mark).
- Next, stamp the snowflake in white pigment ink and heat emboss in white.
- Use an ink blending tool to rub tumbled glass distress ink all around the snowflake — it will act as a resist. Add a spare amount of broken china to the center of the snowflake for extra dimension. Then add more tumbled glass along the edges.
- Wipe off the snowflake with a dry paper towel to remove any extra ink.
- Flick water on the card to make splotches and let dry. Then mist the whole card with perfect pearls in water.
- Stamp “peace love joy” on a white strip with gray ink, then trim the ends and fold. Adhere to card with foam tape.
- Add gems — I love THIS pack since there are a TON of gems in it and in varying sizes.
Leave a comment, I love hearing from you!
What’s This All About?
Howdy from Austin, TX! My name is Lisa Spangler and I like to make crafty stuff, eat donuts, and take photos. (Not necessarily in that order.) More about me.
Don't miss a post: subscribe
(Via email or in a reader.)
Drop me a note, I'd love to hear from you.
Favorite Washi Tape Posts
Just a Few of My Favorite Posts
- Card Photo Tutorials (4)
- Crafty (77)
- Cycling (27)
- Etc (232)
- Inspired By (16)
- Journaling (6)
- Letterpress (3)
- make-it + mail-it (7)
- Nature (181)
- Neon (19)
- Photo Tutorials (10)
- Photography (10)
- Scribble This! Challenges (7)
- Sewing (5)
- Stamping (682)
- Studio Calico (30)
- Things That Make Me Smile (12)
- Travel (11)
- Typewriter (6)
- Uncategorized (3)
- Washi Tape (28)
- Yum (32)