Hi there! Welcome to sideoats & scribbles, a blog by me, Lisa Spangler. I’m hoping to spread a little sunshine and inspire you with my scribblings.
Wondering how my blog got it’s name? Well, I’m a super crazy prairie enthusiast, and sideoats is the state grass of Texas — and my favorite prairie grass. (Shhhh, don’t tell the other grasses!)
And why the scribbles? Because I scribble on about all my crafty hobbies, including crochet, cardmaking, stamping, sewing, felt, cooking and photography. I’m often inspired by things I see while hiking or biking, too.
So what else can I tell you know about me?
- I love Nutella! Well, anything with chocolate, really.
- I have a Master’s Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science (but I don’t “do” numbers, ha!)
- I love to travel.
- I’m married to my husband and best friend, J.
- I grew up in Northeast Ohio, but I’ve lived in Austin, Texas since 1996. My Ohio friends all claim that I have a “Texas twang”, and my Texas friends call me “The Yank”. Can’t win! (You’ll hear the alleged twang if you watch my videos.)
- I drink coffee AND tea. On same day, even!
- I didn’t have a car for 3 years, and rode my bike or walked everywhere. Loved it. A car is nice when it’s raining, tho.
I’m affiliated with Amazon, Studio Calico, Ellen Hutson, and Simon Says Stamp, so when you click on one of the links to their store I receive a small commission. I only link to products that I truly use and love.
I was a full time employee of Hero Arts from April 2006-November 2015, so I received Hero Arts products for free during that time. However, I wasn’t paid to post anything about them here — I did it because I truly loved the products shown!
Thanks for dropping by, and hope to see you again!