I’m so excited — I can finally talk about the Hero Arts’ Summer Catalog! YAY! It’s been in the works for a while now, and I think there’s some really good stuff, like:
- The Old Letter background — I’ve been wanting a stamp with BIG writing for ages now! I think this will be useful for so many things, I have an idea to make something with shells sorta like something I saw at Anthropologie! Can’t wait.
- Outline Magnolia and Stencil Flower — love these! Both are so fun to color with markers, inks or watercolors. And I’m blushing when I say this, but all of the cards on the cover of the catalog are by me. Can’t believe it — my very first full cover! Pinch me, is it really real?
- Kiss the Cook is just too fun! Love that smiling egg, hee hee.
- Sew Artsy and Sew Stylish — what can I say? Love them both sew much!
- Another fun one to color is Delicate Blossoms. I made some cards for the catalog where I stamped it in colored ink and then colored with markers and pencils.
- Then there’s the Large Canvas Stripes and the Graph Background — both of these are so handy!
- All of the house themed ones are just too fun! The House with Plant reminds me of the cute little houses in San Francisco, so I made a card for the catalog to look like that. And wouldn’t you know it? Mon drew the house based on cute little houses in San Francisco where she lives!
Oh heck, I love them ALL! :) What are your faves? Check out the catalog and let me know!
And! I have a confession to make. When I was a kid we called peonies “snowball flowers” — and my little sister and I used to rip them off the neighbor’s bushes, tear apart the petals and throw them at each other. Gah! What were we thinking? I bet it would have made a fun photo with all the petals flying through the air and two giggling girls though, hee hee. Can’t believe we never got in trouble for it.