I love linen!
I’ve been trying to find a linen background for my blog for a long while now — like a year? Or more! But I never did find any that seemed quite right.
I tried to make my own by scanning some linen, but that didn’t work. :(
Hooray! (Check it out over there on the sides. I changed the colors to make the background for the photo collage above, too.)
- I learned how to make a heart by watching this tutorial from Katrina over at Pugly Pixel. I’ve learned so much from her! (Thanks a ton, Katrina!)
- The color palette was made over at Colour Lover — something else I heard about from Katrina. This cool site lets you create color palettes — even from photos. So fun! I plan to use it for crafty ideas too.
- The digital stitches are a brush — also from Pugly Pixel. Check out Katrina’s Pixel Pointer Embroidery Effects post for more.
- Oh and the doily is from the Paper Buffet pack from Katrina. (See, I told you I learned lotsa good stuff from her!)
- The linen is some that I picked up at Pea Pod Fabrics in San Francisco when I was visiting Mon. It’s from Japan — I’ve been hoarding it, can’t quite bring myself to cut it. eep!
- The bunnies are an ebay find — they were made in Japan. (Hmmm, I see another pattern here.)
- I started a linen board over at Pinterest. (Are you on there yet? So addicting.)
I’m almost done with my spring blog makover, whew! Let me know what you think :) I especially want to know what profile photo you like better, I’m having a hard time deciding. The one on the left is how I usually wear my hair. The one on the right was taken on the day when I got my new glasses. I’m wearing one of my vintage shirts — you can’t tell from the photo but it has chicken wire on it — it always makes me happy. (It’s a vintage find from a shop down the street — next to the cupcake shop — double yumminess!) I’d use the photo on the right in a flash, but since it’s not how I usually wear my hair then I don’t know if people would recognize me, ha ha!
Can’t wait to hear what you think,