Yep, all kinds of paper — new, old, bought and found! But my favorites are the ones I save from everyday life. Like a map that we used while at Big Bend National Park back in in February. I made it into a card that I plan on giving to J. Find out all about it HERE on the Hero Arts blog!
And here’s some fun behind-the-scenes facts — the map that is on the card truly has a LOT of miles on it — as does the card, no wonder it has a little bent corner doh!
- First the map got to Big Bend National Park, somehow (unknown where it was printed and how it got there, ha!). Big Bend National park is pretty remote, tho.
- Then we drove it all around the park — the park is HUGE in case you didn’t know…
- Then it went to the Davis Mountains, about an hour and a half drive
- From there it came home with us to Austin, another 8 hours
- Then I made it into a card and sent it to Hero Arts in California for the catalog
- I didn’t have a chance to photo it by itself, so Jackie sent it back to me. (You may have noticed it on page 3 of the Stamp Your Story catalog along with Sally’s mini book! I took that photo when I was doing group shots.)
- After I photo’d it, I sent it back to Hero where it will be used for a display in a show
Wonder where it will go next? Sure wish I had all those miles in frequent flier points, ha! :)
The best thing is that I can easily make this card — or any other card — again since I have a scan of the paper. Yay!