Hi there and welcome to my stop on the Ellen Hutson August release blog hop. I’m so glad you’re here!
This release is so good that I had to have allllll the stamps! I made a bunch of cards and just couldn’t stop — with more to come!
I thought I’d give you some tips and tricks for each one, so let’s hop to it!
Eye Made This for You
This first card uses the new Happy Haunting stamps and Spiderwebs dies! Ahhhhhh love these so much! The sentiment is from the Pumpkin to Talk About set — so many good ones in there.
- You can scare up some great cards for Halloween with the Happy Haunting set — of course! — buuuuut I’m thinking it’s totally would be worth it to pick up the Pumpkin to Talk About set and use that “eye made this for you” all year long! Love it!!! Put it on the backs of cards, on your envelope, ah heck put it everywhere!
- If you’re like me and love to add wiggle eyes to cards then this is totally the set for you! That jar, amiright?
- I used Hero Arts reactive dye inks for the background — love playing with these inks! I used key lime fizz, grape crush, pool party and lemon drop here.
- One last tip — see that spider? Well, I just happened to have the EBE Plaid Maker set on my desk and I used it to stamp that dashed line for his thread! YES!
Jingle All the Way
This next little number uses the new Shipping Tags, Rustic Woodgrain and Holiday Characters!
- This card uses the new Rustic Woodgrain two ways: white heat embossed for the background and then stamped in on kraft paper for the Shipping Tags.
- Speaking of white embossing powder — THIS is the best I’ve ever found! Super bright white!
- I added some holly to Santa’s hat over the pom-pom and then I added some green colored droplets for a pop of color.
- Couldn’t resist adding some EBE Painted Stripes to the side of the card — love how stamping it in red makes it look like peppermint, plus it goes with that twine — makes me happy!
Woodgrain + Tags
The Shipping Tags die makes FOUR tags with one pass through the die cut machine — this is genius you all! No more cutting one dinky tag at a time. YEAH! So of course I had to make some MOAR while I had them on my desk!
- A red droplet is a must for Rudolph’s nose!
- Those droplets also make great Christmas tree ornaments!
- This tip is probably a no-brainer, but the Rustic Woodgrain stamp is big enough to cover a card! So I stamped it on kraft cardstock before cutting the tags. :)
- One last tip for the tags: the Essentials by Ellen stamps and dies come in super high quality pockets, and I like store any extra die cut pieces in there as well. These Shipping Tags are so versatile — it’s great to always have some on hand!
Outta’ You’re Gourd
This next card features one of my favorite stamps of all time: Mr. Bear from All Inside! Love him to bits and new Bear Ware 4 accessories are so cute!
- This set just begged to be stamped in antique linen for a little no-line coloring. Here’s a big tip for ya: add his eyes and nose back in with a black pen!
- Then add a little glossy accents on his eyes + nose.
- The strips cut from kraft paper and the EBE Landscape dies are the perfect way to “ground” the card.
Last but not least, I’m mondo in love with the new Mondo Amaryllis stamp!
- I just HAD to do a little no-line coloring on the Mondo Amaryllis! Yep, had to be done.
- After I was finished watercoloring everything I added some details with colored pencils and that black pen again.
- Last but not least, I discovered you can stamp on vellum with Hero Arts sea salt reactive ink. I used the Rustic Woodgrain for a peaceful addition to the card, then finished it off with clear droplets.
We’ve got super fun prizes: One random & lucky commenter will win $25 to the EH shop and one will win the whole August Essentials by Ellen release!!! For a chance to win, make sure to leave comments at each stop along the hop. Comment before Thursday, August 15th at 11:59pm PST. Winners will be notified by email. Good luck my friends!
If you’ve been hopping along with us you’ll have arrived here from my friend Laurel’s blog — I have the full hop list for you below. Your next stop on the hop is Michele’s blog — can’t wait to see what she’s scared up!
Here’s the full list if you’re just joining the fun:
- Adelina Starace
- Ardyth Percy-Robb
- Carissa Wiley
- Carly Tee Minner
- Carolyn Peeler
- Elena Roussakis
- Emily Midgett
- Julie Ebersole
- Kelly Griglione
- Laurel Beard
- Lisa Spangler < you are here!
- Michele Ferguson
- Sandy Allnock
- Sharon Harnist
- Therese Calvird
Note that these are my affiliate links so if you make a purchase by clicking the link below I’ll receive a small commission at no charge to you — thank you!
First up, the NEW stamps and dies from the August release! Find the full release HERE!
Now for the rest of the supplies in no particular order:
Thanks so much for joining me and sticking it out to the end of the post! Let me know if you have any questions or you’d like to see a video of any of the techniques, and don’t forget to leave a comment to be entered to win the whole release! xoxo
60 Replies to “Ellen Hutson August Release Blog Hop + PRIZES!”
Love your cards.
WOWSERS! I just love all your cards. I especially love the ones that you colored using lines with markers. Such a great effect! Thanks for the inspiration. :D
Such amazing pieces which showcase this release!
Love, love, love these cards!
You are so talented. Thank you for sharing your creations.
Wonderful and creative cards…love this release.
The amaryllis is beautiful.
The cards are fun. Love the
wood grain for the tags.
thanks for sharing
thanks for sharing different tips and great card design wonderful project
Hi, firstly can I say I love your blog name, it really made me smile when I saw it on the blog hop list.
Your cards, all of them are absolutely amazing, I love all the tips you’ve given us (I’d love to see instructions on how you did that spiders web using the Painted strips stamp set!).
Using the tags as a focal point as a card embellishment is just a fantastic idea. I have lots of tags that I think are a shame to just put on packaging, so Thankyou for that tip!
Oh the bear card is mega cute (but I think he needs his son with him lol)
The beautiful Mondo Amaryllis is absolutely stunningly coloured. The black pen lines really make the colour of the flowers pop, the little bit of wood grain on there really sets the flowers off too.
(I think I could talk all day about your cards here lol, so I’d best stop now to give room for other comments)
Thank you so much Lisa for the hints and tips and sharing your talent with us.
Oh my gosh, commenting in a little box Lisa, I hadn’t realised I’d written so much.
If you need to shorten it before you put my reply up feel welcome to. Xx
Thanks for sharing your cards, they are all fantastic. Loving this release.
Your cards are little works of art.
What can I say?? I absolutely love everything!! I love your little spider, the bear and his gourds, the tree on the tag, and even the little bells!! Everything!! You rock!!
Man, I just love tags and yours are super cute.
Lovely amaryllis. Thanks for the tip about the sea salt ink.
Awesome cards! I love how you incorporated the tags onto the Christmas card- great dimension and texture!
Beautiful! Thanks for all the tips.
Thanks for sharing your cards, they are all fantastic
Thanks for sharing your Beautifull Cards..!
Comments are closed.