Hi there and welcome to my stop on Day 2 of the Altenew 7th Anniversary Blog Hop! I’m so glad you’re here to help us celebrate!
Before I share my card I just had to let you know about all the awesome prizes up for grabs…
Did someone say PRIZES?!?!
We have over $1,400 in total prizes! WOW!
Altenew is giving away a $70 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 15 lucky winners. There are also 19 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $70 Altenew gift certificates
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: $100 Altenew gift certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $100 gift certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $100 gift certificate
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: $100 gift certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 gift certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $75 gift certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 online class spots
- Altenew Academy: 15 online class spots
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 gift certificate
- Concord & 9th: $50 gift certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 gift certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 gift certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Waffle Flower: 1 prize bundle valued at $32
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2021 issue
Be sure to leave comments by 4/18/2021 for a chance to win one of 41 prizes!
To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 41 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/24/2021.
You Are Awesome!
Now on to my card! Here’s a look at the finished design:
I decided to use one of my all time favorite Altenew products: the Leaf Clusters dies. I LOVE that you can use them standalone OR with the coordinating stamps — love getting more from my supplies that way!
I started off by watercoloring some scraps of watercolor paper with the Altenew 36 pan set. While the paint was still damp I splattered on some clean water to create a little interest.
True confession: sometimes when I have a bit of crafty time but I’m not sure what to make I sit down and color scraps of paper like this — it’s so relaxing and fun!
Oh and another tip: use the BIGGEST brush you have for this — don’t fiddle around with a tiny little thing! :)
When they were dry I die cut them with those leaf clusters!
Then for the base card, I white heat embossed the woodgrain background in the A Walk in the Woods set — love the look this gives.
Then it was a simple matter of assembling the card and adding some sequins:
Here’s a closeup so you can see all those delicious colors and textures better!
Your next stop on the hop is Laura Volpes’ blog — just wait until you see her project! Here’s the full list in case you’re just now joining us and want to start at the beginning:
- Altenew Blog
- Amber Davis
- Terri Koszler
- Lilith Eeckels
- Verity Biddlecombe
- Butterfly Reflections Ink
- Tania Ahmed
- Tina Smith
- Maryam Perez
- Alex Syberia
- Therese Calvird
- Michelle’s Cards & Stamps
- Keren Baker
- Lisa Spangler < you are here! :)
- Laura Volpes
- Galina Filippenko
- Anna Mahtani
Enjoy FREE U.S. shipping with code HAPPY7TH or $5 OFF international shipping with code ANNIV21 at checkout. Offer valid from 4/8/2021 at 12:01 am EDT through 4/11/2021 at 11:59 pm EDT. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.
Note that these are my affiliate links so if you make a purchase by clicking the link below I’ll receive a small commission at no charge to you — thank you!
- Leaf Clusters stamp dies bundle — save 5%!
- Leaf Clusters Dies << what I used in this post
- Leaf Clusters Stamps
- Sentiment Strips Stamps << one of my favorite sentiment sets from Altenew!
- 36 Pan Watercolor Set
- A Walk in the Woods Stamps << this one has that awesome woodgrain (!) background!
- Altenew Embossing Ink Pad
Thanks so much for joining our celebration! Happy Anniversary again to all my friends at Altenew! — xoxo, Lisa
203 Replies to “Altenew 7th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 2 + Giveaway (over $1,400 in Total Prizes)”
Hello from Maryland! Such a bright and cheerful card. Love the clean and simple look. Thanks for sharing!
Hi from San Francisco, California! Happy 7th Anniversary! Thank you so much for sharing your art. I loved the coloring of this card. It is so bright and beautiful.
Hi from Slovenia!
I love your design!
Comments are closed.