The title says it all: some things don’t turn out how you want them to. I was thinking that this week I would show you all the crafty goodies that I found in my recent travels. Then they’d be photographed all nice and proper-like and I could play with them without worrying about messing them up.
But the week didn’t turn out that way at all. Not that I’m complaining, mind you — it was a great week! Just super crazy mega busy, and filled with unexpected surprises like:
- going to the dentist for a regular cleaning and finding out that I might need braces (going to the orthodontist on Tues!)
- going to the eye doctor’s and finding out my eyes are getting better (yay!) and
- ordering a pair of retro 50’s looking glasses (can’t wait until they come in!)
- eating Libby’s yummy hatch chile pie, and
- two unexpected packages that came in the mail (from two Jennifers) (thanks!)
- going to yoga — first time after my ankle surgery and my ankle did great!
And then my friend Scott had to go and send me this photo of a gayfeather, with this note:
If I had a weekly blog, I would post the attached picture “principle of structure (sepia 2010)”
Wowzers, don’t you think he should start a blog? I’ve been telling him that for years! What an awesome photo. (I couldn’t resist adding the vintage cabinet card from Kitschy Digitals — doesn’t it just seem to go somehow?)
Scott’s photo reminded me of one that I took of a gayfeather and J that didn’t turn out exactly the way I wanted it to. But I like it anyhow.
Bet you weren’t expecting that photo to be in color, eh? :)
So how about you, did anything unexpected happen this week? I’d love to hear!
Hope you have a great weekend filled with unexpected, happy happenings,