Just a quick post to pop in and wish all of the moms out there a very happy day!
I made these cards for my step-mom and my MIL. It’s days like this that I wish we still lived in Ohio. Don’t get me wrong, we love Texas and love living here. But sure do wish we could give our moms a big huge hug.
Just a few quick notes on these cards:
- I used the new Hero Arts Zig Zag Pattern stencil to emboss these cards — just added a piece of felt under the first plate in my sandwich before running it through the machine. One of these days I want to get an actual embossing mat and see how it compares. But for now this works great!
- Still can’t stop using sequins. And these gold hearts from Twine + Ink are fast faves too. Gotta get some more.
- Added some splats with Hero Arts gold spray to tie in with the hearts. It has such a pretty shimmer.
- Tried out a new set of Mister Huey’s watercolors from Studio Calico — love the colors! And the cute, compact size will be perfect for travel.
- Also can’t get enough of the Hero Arts Chalkboard black — it’s so soft and pretty. Plus the mid-tone formula of ink is gives great coverage with solid stamps. BTW, love how the Best Mom Ever set has stamps that can be used for Mother’s Day — and all year long.
- And I finished everything off with Diamond Gems from Hero Arts. These gems are so cool — they have all the colors of a rainbow, kinda like when a soap bubble hits the light.
Just gotta say that I love watercoloring random backgrounds like this — it’s so relaxing and fun.
Happy Mother’s Day, moms! xo
8 Replies to “Happy Mother’s Day”
Gorgeous! I love the random background with water-colors! All the placements are simply prefect! I love the mix of embellishments! They are quite like candy!! Mother’s Day is hard when mother(s) do not live close by (I’m with you on that)….HUGS!
well I would be happy to hug your mom for ya! I just moved back to Ohio for mine :) love your card!!
Stunning!!!! You make me want to watercolour more…. lovely cards Lisa. x
Love these…awesome details…and love the watercoloring!
These are so gorgeous Lisa, love them so very much!! And I’m in love with those gold hearts!
Thank you so much for the card and gift. Loved Jamie’s and grandma’s cards too. Wish you were closer and you could enjoy some of those cinnamon rolls grandma and I made on Saturday. Love you, MOM
Lovely card, Lisa. No matter what you create, you always get it right!
Comments are closed.