You guys! I did it! I did it! I started my One Little Word journal. This is my first time doing it. If you haven’t heard about this, check out Ali Edwards’ page here. I couldn’t settle on one word — I really struggled and tried to pick just one, but couldn’t. My words are ROAR and enough. So they balance each other out. Couldn’t do one or the other.
I’m using a DIY traveler’s notebook for my word (more on that below) — so for this month’s vision board assignment I decided to do a kind of fold out version. If you follow me on instagram you may have already seen it, but here it is again! I’ve got photos below for ya too — but it’s really hard to show in photos!
Here’s a few notes about how I got started:
- I found this Word notebook and thought it would be perfect! But I couldn’t find a cover for it…
- So I made my own by following this video.
- I used a scrap of leather from the remnant section at Tandy Leather — it was like a whole $3.
- I’ve had that turquoise bead for forever — don’t even remember where I got it. Turquoise is my birthstone. :)
- I had so much fun making the vision “board” that’s in the center. I actually had a dream about making it in a fold out like that.
I’m sure I’ll have more to come. xoxo
9 Replies to “One Little Word! (Or in my case, two.)”
Thanks Cindy!!! I was a little nervous putting this out there — it’s so different from what I usually do!
Love the book, Love the size, and love your cover! So great!
Thanks, Paula xoxo!
Wonderful! Beautiful cover too :-)
Thanks so much Janet!
So artful! I love the empowering words that you chose! The pages look amazing with the beautiful landscape and your personal touches! Love that DIY leather cover!! Would love to see more :)
A friend gave me a journal I can use for watercolor and I’m calling it “Sketchy Things”…kind of combining a word book with a watercolor journal. Well, it makes sense to me! LOL! I am having fun!
That sounds awesome, Barbara! Have tons of fun! :)
Comments are closed.