Hi all! Today is World Cardmaking Day, yay! Hope you’re celebrating! It’s my favorite time of year, so of course I just HAD to make a card today! Since this is my second post of the day I don’t want you to miss out on other things that are going on around here:
- Check out THIS post for a blog hop with Technique Tuesday + prizes + a special offer for FREE stamps!
- Then check out THIS post for another blog hop that I’m in to celebrate the release of the brand new Altenew watercolor brush markers!
Now then, on to my post. My sweet niece has a birthday coming up and she loves unicorns — so it was a no-brainer to make her a card featuring the Flora & Fauna Clear Unicorn Fields set!
I can’t wait to use the set to make some autumn cards, too!
The card is pretty straightforward, I stamped the unicorn with black ink on Canson XL watercolor paper and then heat embossed it with sparkle embossing powder. Then I watercolored a galaxy background!
Here are the steps:
- First I colored around the unicorn with opera pink. Note: I used Schmincke watercolors since they’re in my rainbow paintbox, but Daniel Smith will work the same way! I’ve listed both sizes of Daniel Smith paints below for you! Personally I’d go for the larger size — you know you want to!
- Then I added puddles of French ultramarine and phthalo blue — love the granulation in that French ultramarine! Both of these are in this Essentials set — it’s a great set to have if you’re just getting into watercolors.
- Finally, while things were still damp I splattered in some white!
Then after everything was dry I added some of the cutest tiny star sequins and some larger ones too! Pro tip: I highly recommend using one of these jewel pickers and this glue for sequins. Can’t recommend them enough.
Oh and the “happy birthday” sentiment is from the Flora & Fauna Woodland Birthday set — it’s so cute! And that was that. Can’t wait to give this to my niece!
One Reply to “Unicorn birthday + 20% off discount code!”
What a fun card–love the colors! Flora & Fauna have the sweetest stamp sets :)
Comments are closed.