I just can’t stop playing with the newly released Mondo Wildflowers — they just make me HAPPY! Then I added a little pixie dust shimmer action and I loved them even more. I’ve got super quick cards to share to show ya what I’m talking about. First up, this little number:
And then there’s this one:
Here’s a closeup so you can hopefully see that shimmer that I added to the flower centers — it’s so beautiful irl but so hard to photo, darn it.
I kept the coloring on these super loose you all — I think it makes it look modern and fun. Here’s a few tips for ya:
- Use a BIG brush — I’m talking BIG — I used a size 12 on these. You can’t get too fussy when you’re painting with a big brush.
- Start with a super watery splashes of color, then without rinsing off your brush, pick up some more pigment and tap it in to one side. The results are unpredictable but so fun.
- Let some colors mingle together like the yellow + pink. But, make sure the pink is dry before adding the green.
- I used Canson XL watercolor paper to make the base card with — it’s a more economical option for a full card.
And that’s all there is to it!
Then for the Mother’s Day card I couldn’t resist adding a border at the bottom with Delicata gold ink — it’s so pretty and shimmery that it goes great with the pixie dust.
Note that these are my affiliate links so if you make a purchase by clicking the link below I’ll receive a small commission at no charge to you — thank you!
A couple more notes:
- The “happy” sentiment is from the Essentials by Ellen Totally Awesome and it’s been retired — sorry about that!
- The “mother’s day” sentiment is from the Altenew Stunning Cosmos set — it’s out of stock at Ellen Hutson but you can still find one HERE at Altenew.
- The Mondo Wildflowers stamps are available individually and in a bundle with the coordinating dies at a special price — I didn’t use the dies on this card, but trust me, you’ll want ’em! :)
I’ll be back tomorrow with another Mother’s Day card — hope to see you then! xo
5 Replies to “I Pick You, Mondo Wildflowers!”
What stunning projects!! I LOVE the colors and need to try this watercolor technique. I am so bad at watercolor in general no matter how hard I try!!
Thank you so much, Nora! I think the trick with watercolor is to just let it do its own thing — don’t try to control it. Just have FUN!
So softly beautiful, Lisa! (Wish: videos from you!}
Thanks, Beth! I usually post few quick videos on instagram. I haven’t had much time lately to make full length ones, sorry!
Absolutely sensational!! Love every bit of this!
Comments are closed.