Hello there and welcome to Day 4 of The Greetery’s June release week — I’m so glad you’re here! I’m very honored to be a part of the release — when Betsy told me that she had some new stamps coming out that I might like and asked me if I’d like to join in I said oh heck yeah — sight unseen. Then when I opened up the package I was super excited — Betsy gets me as I’m a total plant nerd! It’s like a jungle around here.
Today I’ll be sharing cards with the new Pot-Pourri stamps and dies plus the Macra-Made for You standalone dies, so let’s jump right in!
Thinking of You
My first card features the Macra-Made for You standalone dies — check it out:
As soon as I saw this set it thought it would be fun to have a little tag hanging in there, as if it arrived fresh from the florist. So I grabbed the Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You stamps and coordinating Sentiment Suite Basics dies made the perfect little tag! I was grinning from ear to ear as I was cutting it out — I mean come on, how cute is this?
I wanted to share a few tips for the macrame hanger:
- I die cut mine out of watercolor paper — it’s nice and sturdy and easy to work with. I ended up cutting 2 and layering them together.
- Then I grabbed a cream colored pencil to add little details to the macrame parts. I put the die cut on the foam pad in my MISTI and used a pretty sharp pencil and really pressed some of the dots in there to add dimension.
- Keen-eyed readers may notice that there’s a clear sequin in the center of the macrame hanger — love how it fits perfectly in there!
- Then I used a #2 paintbrush and some watercolors to add wooden beads…
- Last but not least, I went over the beads with glossy accents to add a little shine! Pro tip: I JUST got my hands on this fine tip applicator for my mini glossy a’s — it has one of those nifty pins in the lid that slide into the nozzle to keep it from drying out, yes! I can’t tell you how many bottles I’ve wasted because they dried out. (Note that you’ll need this tip for the full size bottle.)
Before I forget I just had to tell ya that on the inside of this card I’m going to write “hang in there” — get it? :)
I’ll cover how I did the pots and plants in my next card…
WARM Birthday Wishes
My second card features the new Pot-Pourri stamps and dies — oh my, this is so fun to play with! And so addicting! I sat down and made a ton of pots and plants — so relaxing. I have enough for more cards — next time I get crafter’s block and I don’t know what to do I’m going to sit down and play with this set!
I switched things up a little and this time I used the new Sentiment Suite Birthday set — I think it’s a genius idea that these stamps also go with the Sentiment Suite Basics dies — genius I tell ya!
I was on a roll with the little tag idea, but this time I made a “plant pop” — it’s like a lollipop but for a plant lol! I thought the “sending warm thoughts” (from the Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You stamps) went perfectly with that cactus! :) The “stick” is a die from the Macra-made for You set.
Then I just had to add a little glitter — of course!
Here are some color combos for you:
- The BEST inks for realistic looking terracotta pots that I’ve found are Catherine Pooler’s bellini and polished, hands-down! I just ink the stamp up all over with bellini first and then lightly tap one side of the pot with polished to add a little shading. Pro tip: These 2 inks also work great for a soft peach with second generation stamping! And they’re reactive with water too — so the solid pots were done by rubbing some color on my media mat, misting the ink with water and then dragging the paper through.
- Now for the plant colors starting in the back row with the pink plant — I was going for a bougainvillea here, but it’s actually the same stamps as the green one up in that first card! Anyhow, for the pink version I used it’s a girl and party dress
- The green succulent like plant is grass skirt and lime rickey
- Then in the front row, the first lil guy is mint to be and sage
- The next succulent is orange twist, tiki torch and lime rickey
- The cactus is grass skirt and spruce plus party dress for the flowers
- And the last lil succulent is it’s a girl and mint to be!
And there you have it!
More Day 4 Designers + PRIZES!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Day 4 designers for more inspiration — and more chances to win prizes! Oh yes, prizes! By leaving comments on our blogs you’ll be entered to win a $50 gift card — yay!
The Greetery new release stamps and dies will be available on Friday, June 21st @ 10 am EDT — that’s tomorrow! Yay!
Note that these are my affiliate links so if you make a purchase by clicking the link below I’ll receive a small commission at no charge to you — thank you!
Thank you so much for joining me, and hope you have a great day! xo
119 Replies to “The Greetery June Release Day 4 + PRIZES!”
Lisa, I love your cards using the Pot-Pourri set and Macra-Made dies. So cute!
Just beautiful, Lisa! Thank you for sharing all of your helpful tips! What an amazing June collection! 💗
Beautiful card designs. They really showcase these new sets.
OMG! The wooden beads! I think I have that hanger somewhere! The details are amazing. I wish I could actually fine such cute terra cotta pots!
Beautiful cards – thank you!
I love your wood beads on the macrame!! And your plant colors are fabulous!!
“Hang in there…” ha! Love it! Great cards!
Very fun cards, these are terrific sets!
The birthday card looks like a southwest sunset to me with all the gorgeous colors you chose. I love the modern take on the “greenery”!
Such happy cards! Such fun products from Betsy! Thanks for inspiring!
WOW! What a fantastic release! So many creative ideas.
Lisa, I can see why Betsy wanted your assistance in showcasing these beauties. WOW, your macrame hanger looks so real, and your colorful pots just pop. Appreciate all your tips and sharing ink colors used!
I love your first card especially the wooden beads! And the ‘hang in there’ sentiment you are going to write on the inside – so witty and perfect!
Love the detail on your macrame hanger! So realistic! Gorgeous colour choice for your collection of pots.
Your cards are amazing!
I love the hang in there~ your tips are excellent especially on the macramé holder.
I just saw a cards with jars and loved them…have been searching through the web for the last 1/2 hour trying to find out where/how to purchase the greetery products…HELP!
Sorry for the delay in replying, I haven’t been checking my blog that much this week — bad blogger!
You can purchase the Greetery Stamps directly from them on their website — here’s the link for you!
Here are the jar products:
Looks like they are out of stock?
You can email customer service to see when they’ll be getting more back in:
Hope that helps!
Comments are closed.