Hi there and welcome to my stop on the Ellen Hutson October Release Blog hop! I’m so glad you’re here!
Today I have TWO cards to share using the new addition to the Mondo lineup: Mondo Chrysanthemum! This flower you all — it just makes me so happy! You see, growing up in Ohio my Grandma had mums planted all along the side of her house and I loved seeing them. I used to steal some and use them as cut flowers — they seem to last forever. Nowadays I live in Texas and mums no likey our weather so I’ve had to admire them from afar — until now!
You Are Pretty Amazing
I couldn’t make up my mind what color I wanted the mum to be so I decided to splash some paint around with all my favorites from the Daniel Smith Essentials Set.
Love doing this, it really takes the pressure off of trying to color each petal and stay in the lines!
Pro tip: I like to stamp images that I’m gonna watercolor with Versafine onyx black and then heat emboss ’em in clear — that way I don’t have to worry about an opaque watercolor mucking up the stamped image. :)
Thanks a Million
While I was workin’ on my first card I thought to myself “hey, wouldn’t this look awesome heat embossed in rose gold”?
Turns out the answer is YES!!!
Pro tip: I love using Altenew Embossing ink for projects like this — it’s super sticky — best I’ve found!
Note that these are my affiliate links so if you make a purchase by clicking the link below I’ll receive a small commission at no charge to you — thank you!
Find the full October release right HERE! So many must-haves!
These are the specific supplies that I used on these cards:
- Essentials by Ellen Mondo Chrysanthemum Stamps
- Essentials by Ellen Mondo Chrysanthemum Dies
- Essentials by Ellen Totally Random Sayings Vol. 3
- Essentials by Ellen Shipping Tags Dies
- Essentials by Ellen Rustic Woodgrain Background Stamp
- Altenew Embossing Ink Pad
- VersaFine Ink Pad, Onyx Black
- Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder
- Pretty Pink Posh Sequins, 6mm Cupped, Metallic Rose Gold
- Avery Elle Rose Gold Metallic Embossing Powder
- It’s A Girl, Catherine Pooler Ink Pad
- Daniel Smith Essentials Set of 6
- Canson XL Watercolor Paper
Thanks so much for joining me, and happy October, y’all! I’ll be back tomorrow with a BEAST of a card featuring the new Lil’ ‘Squatch — see ya then! :)