Now on to my card today!
As soon as I spotted this Summer Circles set I had the idea to make a spinner card — would you believe I never made one before?!
It turned out super cute, amiright?! I think a card like this would be perfect for kids — of alllll ages! Even J thought it was cool! :)
If you’ve never made one it’s super easy to do! Here’s what I did:
- Stamp and color your choice of summer circles!
- Die cut 2 of the sunbursts.
- Create your base card plus another panel to hide the string :)
- Open (!) the base card and use a bit of washi or a post-it to adhere the base card and the panel together.
- Use an EBE Essential circle die to cut through both layers at once! I added a shim to mine and it worked like a charm. If yours doesn’t cut both of them through, just remove the top layer and slot the die back in place and run it through the machine again.
- Trim some twine longer than you need so that it’s easier to work with. With a pencil, mark spots at the card where you want to put the string.
- Use a hot glue gun to sandwich the string between the stamped circle pieces, then open the card flat, and hot glue the string to the card.
- Wind up your spinner and put it in the envelope, ready to surprise someone!
Note that these are my affiliate links so if you make a purchase by clicking the link below I’ll receive a small commission at no charge to you — thank you!
>> Shop the full Ellen Hutson x Pretty Pink Posh collab right HERE! <<
Annnd here are the rest of the supplies I used on the card:
Hope you have a great day! — Lisa