Hello and welcome to my stop on the Altenew 4th Anniversary Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here! I have a super fun card and a video to share with you, so let’s hop to it!
As soon as I was invited to join in the hop I just knew what stamp to use — the Stunning Cosmos set! It has such pretty flowers and a beautiful Happy Anniversary message, too! It’s a 6×8″ set of stamping goodness — check it out:
I paired it with Altenew’s Happy Blooms set and I used their new watercolors directly on the stamp to “ink” them up. I just may have gotten a little carried away making flowers — I was having way too much fun! :)
Here’s a quick video so you can see how it’s done — I just love this soft watercolor look! Watch below or over on YouTube.
Here are the key tips:
- Mist your watercolors about 10 minutes before you use them for this technique. They’ll form a thick paint so that you can apply them with your brush and they won’t be too wet. I used Altenew’s new watercolor set which will be coming soon, but any pan watercolors should work just fine. I’ve tried this technique with a set from the craft store and many others.
- Then as soon as you’ve stamped it, go over a few petals with a damp brush to pull some of the color out.
- Be sure to leave a little white space so that the flowers sparkle!
Annnnd here’s my finished card!
Did you notice my fancy cutting? I trimmed off little bits of the petals and even the sequins for an unexpected touch.
Can’t wait to make another card with all those leftover flowers — I’m thinking I’ll get a head start on Mother’s Day since the Stunning Cosmos set has a sentiment for that too!
Special Offers & Prizes!
You can get FREE U.S. shipping with code HAPPY4TH or $5 OFF international shipping with code ANNIV at checkout. Offer valid from April 3rd until April 8th at 11:59 pm EDT. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.
And that’s not all!
Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 5 lucky winners. There are also 13 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering so many awesome prizes! See the list at Altenew!
Your next stop on the hop is Galina Filippenko’s blog — just wait until you see what she’s made. Here’s the full list if you encounter a broken link or are just now joining us:
- Jennifer McGuire
- Ellen Hutson LLC
- Sandra Dietrich
- Virginia Lu
- Anna Komenda
- Lisa Spangler <– you are here
- Galina Filippenko
- Reiko Tsuchida
- Joni Andaya
- Scrapbook & Cards Today
- Yoonsun Hur
- Raquel Bowman
- Amy Tangerine
- Happy, happy anniversary, Altenew!! Here’s to many more! xoxo
- Altenew Stunning Cosmos Stamps [AN] | [EH]
- Altenew Stunning Cosmos Dies [AN] | [EH]
- Altenew Happy Bloom Stamps [AN] | [EH]
- Altenew Happy Bloom Dies [AN] | [EH]
- Altenew Watercolor Paint 36 Pan Set [EH]
- Altenew Embossing Ink [AN] | [EH]
- Altenew Crisp Rose Gold Embossing Powder [AN] | [EH]
- 6mm Cupped Metallic Rose Gold Sequins [EH]
- 4mm Cupped Metallic Rose Gold Sequins [EH]
- Pale Rose Cardstock [EH]