Welcome back to Ellen Hutson’s 12 Tags of Christmas! Today is “my” day, and I chose “White Christmas” for my carol. And yep, I’m totally dreaming of a white Christmas — just like the ones I used to know from growing up in Ohio!
Since moving to Texas I hardly ever get to enjoy snow. I really miss it! So today I’m sharing techniques for making ALL your Christmases white — with white watercolor!
I’ve got TWO techniques to share with you — one for mixing color and another fun one to make a blizzard background!
Here are those colors that I used in the video — all are Daniel Smith!
- Chinese white: you can get similar shades of colors mixing other paints with titanium white, however, Chinese white will blossom easily when dropped in – and those beautiful blossoms are what gives that frosty look!
- Quinacridone coral: this is a warm red that I love to use on flowers, but quin coral also makes a great Christmas red.
- Phthalo green (blue shade): mix this with white for a minty green – shown here on the holly.
- Quinacridone rose: this cool pink mixes with white to give a beautiful blush that’s perfect for cheeks.
Be sure to let me know if ya have any questions!
IN CASE YOU MISSED THEM
Find my previous day’s tags here:
- Day 1: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
- Day 2: Joy to the World
- Day 3: I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Day 4: Deck the Halls
- Day 5: Jingle Bells
- Day 6: Midnight Clear
- Day 7: Cool Yule
- Day 8: Let it Snow
- Day 9: Sleigh Ride
- Day 10: Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
And don’t forget, we’ve got PRIZES! Yeah!
- There’s a $25 gift card up for grabs! Just leave comments on the participating blogs from now through December 16th and you’ll be automatically entered to win! Yeah!
- Play along with us and you could win $150 gift card!!! Link up your creations right HERE on the Ellen Hutson blog.
Note that these are my affiliate links so if you make a purchase by clicking the link below I’ll receive a small commission at no charge to you — thank you!
This may look like a bunch of supplies, but that’s because I listed both sizes of the watercolor tubes when possible. (5 ml and 15 ml). :)
May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white! Hope to see you tomorrow for the grand finale…!
2 Replies to “12 Tags / Day 11: Dreaming of a White Christmas + a video!”
Very cute tag!
This tag is so cute! I love the gal with the rosy cheeks and holly in her hair.
Comments are closed.