Hi there and welcome to my stop on the Ellen Hutson March Release blog hop! I’m so glad you’re here!
This release has SO MUCH good stuff y’all! I thought I’d start off by sharing my favorite parts — all the succulents! OH YES I said succulents! Starting with…
There’s a new Mondo stamp in town! Say HELLO to the Mondo Succulent!
This stamp is so much fun to color you all!
I’ve listed the colors I used below for ya below. Let me know if you’d be interested in seeing a video on this in the comments below — I forgot to film it as I was coloring but can totally make a new one — it really is fun to color!
Before I get into the watercolors that I used I just had to point out that banner up top. It’s from the Two-In-One-Box set, and I underlined it with a snippet of some leftover paper that I’d stamped with the new Stripe Background.
A few coloring tips:
- I used a bunch of phthalo green on this card — both the blue shade and the yellow shade — yep, they are different! (Sandy and I will have more for you on that in another post in our color series).
- The bottom left succulent is mostly phthalo green blue shade
- The upper left succulent is mostly phthalo green yellow shade
- The rightmost succulent is both phthalo greens mixed with Chinese white and then bits of other colors dropped in! SO much fun!
- The dirt is a mix of lunar earth (how appropriate amiright?), lunar black and Chinese white
- The rim of the pot has one of my new fave colors in it — cadmium red! I held off on trying this color for the longest time, but now I can’t stop using it.
Now on to the next card…
I used the same colors as above for those succulents — and I tried to make the pots look like cement. Dig it? One little tip — I added this liquid pixie dust to these succulents and love that subtle shimmer!
Oh and before I forget — that banner up top was cut from a die that’s part of the Two-In-One-Box — I’ve got an actual box project to share with that later. :)
Now for my last card of the day…
The Essential Rectangles and all of the new Essential shapes are unique on the market in that they’re frames — and you get TWO full sheets of dies in the set so there’s bound to be the perfect size for your project. GENIUS!
I also couldn’t resist adding in that “hey friend” from Succulent Sentiments here!
We’ve got super fun prizes! One random & lucky commenter will win $25 to the EH shop and one will win the WHOLE dang March Essentials by Ellen release! Oh yeah!
To enter for a chance to win, be sure to leave comments at each stop along the hop! Comment before Thursday, March 12th at 11:59pm PST. Winners will be notified by email.
Your next stop on the hop is the one and only Michele! Take it away…!
Here’s the full hop if you’re just joining the fun — I’m so happy to be hopping with my amazing teamies!
- Carissa Wiley
- Brandi Kincaid
- Kelly Griglione
- Laurel Beard
- Emily Midgett
- Sandy Allnock
- Adelina Starace
- Carolyn Peeler
- Ardyth Percy-Robb
- Emily Mydlowski
- Elena Roussakis
- Ashlea Cornell
- Lisa Spangler < you are here!
- Michele Ferguson
- Caly Person
- Therese Calvird
- Jessica Frost-Ballas
- Carly Tee Minner
- Julie Ebersole
Note that these are my affiliate links so if you make a purchase by clicking the link below I’ll receive a small commission at no charge to you — thank you!